One of our Core Values is to care about the community and the environment. We do this in many ways.
- Providing prizes for raffles and local fundraising events as requested.
- Involved in selling daffodils for the local Cancer Society.
- General manager has been actively involved in the Buddy Programme in Queenstown for 5 years and continues this on a private basis now.
- A major sponsor in money and product for volunteers at the LUMA Light Festival held each year in Queenstown.
- Erik’s contributes towards Project Crimson – planting native trees in the Otago area.
- Promoting Love Queenstown – at our venue and on social media and our website.
- Always promoting and supporting local events and initiatives on social media and in other ways we can.
- The week after lockdown we gave away 100 free meals, on June 5, $5 meals in both Queenstown and Wanaka to anyone who had been made redundant.
- We donate fish and gluten free ingredients to Baskets of Blessings(QT)
- We donate meals to families visiting sick children or families members in the area.
- Erik’s Reading Challenge – encouraging local children to read chapter books by giving away free kids meals.
I’ve been so impressed with how well this reading challenge is going and how engaged the kids are.Melissa Ashby, Wanaka Primary School Librarian