One of our Core Values is to care about the community and the environment. We do this in many ways.
- Sponsoring Player of The Day rewards for local sports teams, giving the giving a free meal. This year was the Senior Teams in the Upper Clutha Netball Club.
- Providing prizes for raffles and local fundraising events as requested – for example the raffle for Aspiring Avalanche Dogs in 2018 and 2019, Landsar Search Dogs.
- Involved in selling daffodils for the local Cancer Society.
- General manager is actively involved in the Buddy Programme in Queenstown.
- A major sponsor in money and product for volunteers at the LUMA Light Festival held each year in Queenstown.
- Erik’s contributes towards Project Crimson – planting native trees in the Otago area.
- In 2019, Erik’s started a programme with Wanaka Primary School, to encourage children to read chapter books. When the children read five chapter books they receive a free kids meal from Erik’s.
“ I’ve been so impressed with how well this reading challenge is going and how engaged the kids are.”Melissa Ashby, Wanaka Primary School Librarian
- We plan to roll out this Reading Challenge to all local schools in 2020 after the successful trial in 2019.
- The week after lockdown we gave away 100 free meals, on June 5, $5 meals in both Queenstown and Wanaka to anyone who had been made redundant.
- We donate fish and gluten-free ingredients to Baskets of Blessings(QT) and Food for Love (Wanaka) to cook meals for struggling families.
- We donate meals to families visiting sick children or families members in the area.
- Anna Arndt is a Big Buddy looking after a little buddy this year and for the last 3 years. Manager Brenda has just trained as a Big Buddy.