People’s Choice Awards
Date: 19th November 2019
Erik’s Fish and Chips are very proud to be finalists in three categories in the 2019 Ignite Wanaka Business Awards! These include the People’s Choice Awards, Outstanding in Retail & Hospitality supported by Cardrona, and Outstanding in Innovation supported by Aspiring Law.
We need YOUR help in the People’s Choice Awards to vote for our delicious fish and chips! If we win, then Mitre 10 will donate $500 to our chosen cause, Food for Love – A Wanaka charity who provide meals for people in need.
To vote for us, find the People’s Choice section on the Wanaka App (Google Play, Apple App Store), simply touch ‘Erik’s Fish and Chips’, and scroll to the bottom to complete the voting form!
Our community really means a lot to us, which is why we’ve started many initiatives to give back to people in the community around us. Our latest project encourages children to read more chapter books at Wanaka Primary, by offering a free kid’s meal from Erik’s when they read 5 different chapter books. Next year, we plan to introduce our initiative to all local schools because of its great success! We’ve also been getting involved in the community through other initiatives such as:
- Player of the day vouchers for a variety of local sports teams;
- Providing prizes for many local fundraising events, including Aspiring Avalanche Dogs and LandSAR;
- Donating products to Wanaka’s Food For Love and Let’s Eat;
- Donating free meals to visiting families with sick children or family members;
- Selling Cancer Society daffodils;
- Volunteering at local events and Hospice Shop;
- Contributing towards Project Crimson – planting native trees.
Because we enjoy giving back to our community so much, we really hope you can vote to support us and give even more to our chosen cause, Food For Love.
Posted in: Quick Bites